Friday, April 8, 2011

Crunchy Living

There's something about being in control of my eating that makes me feel in control of my whole life. I don't think it's an unhealthy thing, at least not in the way it seems to be working for me- but when I eat pizza and tons for cheese and beer and crap, I feel like everything is sort of spiraling out of control in a way. If I can't even control what my hand feeds to my face, how am I supposed to control the rest of my body? How am I supposed to look good, or sleep well, or manage my time with anything resembling responsibility?

So I was like, hello kale.

I'm on a serious health food kick lately, and for once, I'm doing it to be healthy and not to drop 16,000 lbs. Despite my periodical and insistent cravings for chocolate (which I've decided I can't do anything about, so I'm just going to eat nice chocolate in small quantities), I'm eating a lot of brown rice, healthy oils, and leafy greens. Broccoli has kind of always been one of my favorites, but I'm getting really into steamed kale too. And lots of garlic.

It took about three days of this before I started to feel less like a sickie on the road to recovery from strep throat and more like Superwoman. Or, as I'm going to say in France this summer (presumably when people ask me what prompted me to visit), je voudrais m'eloigner des Cheez-its. I would like to distance myself from Cheez-its. Heck oui.

No comments:

Post a Comment