Monday, April 11, 2011

I feel like every time I write something in this blog, it needs to be some big life realization or lesson that I've learned or epiphany that I've had or light bulb that was burned out but magically re-lit itself. I'm re-reading my entries and getting tired of listening to myself. I'm not like that! Maybe it's just me, but I'm looking at this blog and seeing somebody who is obsessed with finding a lesson or meaning in everything when maybe she should just be focusing on the present. Not that this is this entry's big realization or lesson, but I'm gonna give it a shot for a few entries and see how I feel.

The weather today was gorgeous, really for the first time this spring. I love breaking out the flip-flops. I meant to go to a class at Prana after I babysat, but I got done in that annoying time where I was just five minutes too late for the 6:00 class, and an hour and a half early for the 7:30. So I came home and chopped up a bunch of greens and am in the process of making dinner. I put walnuts in my rice. Will let you know if it's gross.

Eating habits are in massive flux. I'll eat brown rice and greens and then chase it with Easter candy... not the best thing ever. I'm trying to cut out that last part, but I'm feeling like the only way to get it gone is to not buy the stuff. At all. So no more grocery shopping when I'm hungry.

And as far as big spiritual realizations... no huge ones, except that I'm still holding onto bad habits from the dead relationship (hey, that's pretty good. I feel like I'll call it that from now on), and I feel like I've got my fingers wrapped around them like they're life preservers. I'm worried that if I don't let them go (and letting go is one of the things I do least well... I'm great at holding on, and remembering, and making histories, and writing things down, and holding grudges, but I'm terrible at letting go) they're going to affect my current awesome life. Any pointers?

1 comment:

  1. You know what? I've had the same realizations about my blog lately. And my eating is similar as well. Spinach salads, fruit, chased with reeses peanut butter cups and pizza. :) I think you are amazing just the way you are! So glad you are writing agaain!

    ReplyDelete