Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day Two

Today instead of going to the new studio, I went to my friend's class this morning. It was yoga stretch, and it did. My hamstrings need some rest and probably ibuprofin this evening. After the class we went to Whole Foods and got stuff for a picnic and took it out to Walden Pond in Concord. This is where Thoreau lived, and (more importantly) where Louisa May Alcott grew up. The weather was beautiful, the sun was shining, and I soaked up a month's worth of vitamin D while we ate on the beach.

My skin really hates the sun, and this evening feels slightly angry and sore even though I was covered everywhere with sunscreen. It's like my little skinules, underneath the protective blanket of sunscreen, are like "WE KNOW WHAT YOU DID!!!" And boy did I. We walked around the whole pond and it looked and smelled and felt fantastic. Spring was popping out of everywhere. My collarbone and hairline are definitely pinker than usual.

I'm wondering if this yoga journey is going to hinder my transition into moving to Rochester, or help it along. I can't wait, and I can feel myself moving toward The Move faster than it's actually coming toward me, so it's nice to have the groundedness of a little bit of routine to help stabilize things.

2 comments:

  1. Routine? What's that? I'm so glad you are able to keep one. I'm sure it is very grounding. In the midst of transition I REBEL against any and every form of routine...adding to my overwhelming sense of spasticity. :) I'm glad you saw the sun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate routine too... but I figured if I forced myself into one it might help with my spastic life!

    ReplyDelete