Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pain In The Back

Yoga last night for me was all about looking forward (to the forward bends)! I think I stayed in a backbend too long the day before... then, to complicate things, I bought a mortar and pestle made of marble yesterday, and then carried it around with me for a few hours in a messenger bag. The thing probably weighed twelve pounds, and with everything else I had in my bag it really twisted my back and I felt like my spine was compressed in the lumbar region. I don't know how I did it in college, carrying around all the music I had with me all the time. My back must have been messed up.

I talked to the woman on the mat next to me, and said that I was in teacher training. I don't quite know how to represent myself in that regard... just because I'm in teacher training doesn't mean at all that I know everything about yoga. I feel like every class is a new idea or a new pose. The teacher actually had to correct me last night because I was doing a completely wrong pose. At the same time, I don't want to be a bad example so I'm trying really hard to do everything right. Which is a joke. "Right" is for music, not for yoga... at least not this kind of yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment