Friday, April 30, 2010

Two Steps Forward, Two Steps Back

So I've had a minor setback this week... I'm usually not too much of a hypochondriac, and I have a good doctor which helps. However, this week I started to get a couple of numb spots on my feet, on the insides of my big toes and the back of one heel. I'm okay with a lot of things, but numb spots are not cool. So on my day off from work, I went in to my doctor's office to ask the NP about them. They thought it was most likely a lower back injury (surprise surprise), and told me to heat it and take a (mild) ibuprofin regimen to help with any inflammation.

Lower back trouble? Now I know I'm old.

In any case, I haven't been to yoga at all this week. I've been trying to keep up with meditation, but this week has been so crazy (mostly with work stuff, culminating in my giving my two weeks' notice on Tuesday) that I've been mostly terrible about everything. Luckily, tomorrow is another day of teacher training, so I'm going to do my best to not do anything else to the ol' lumbar region while we discuss the shoulder girdle.

No comments:

Post a Comment